My emotions are out-of-control! This weekend it seemed like things went from being great, to terrible, to fantastic, to productive, to despairing (that was last night at work!), to just appathetic. I have been thinking for the past two days that I really want to post something on my blog. But to actually work up the energy (and time) to do so was a strain. However, I finished my book this afternoon, so I don't have that to use as an excuse to not do housework, so I decided I would sit at the table while Charlie works on his homework and I would work on my blog. So here I am...what to say...
The second after I wrote that, I looked over into the living room and Henry was POURING Diet Mt. Dew out of the can onto Bella's face/my couch. Why, oh why, does he think this is something that would be a good idea?!?! Even after I ran screeching into the living room, he giggles and says "look, puppy firsty!" Yes, Henry...delightful, Bella, the puppy is thirsty. So, let's dump 1/2 a can of Mountain Dew on her face. Very thoughtful. Why do kids do stuff like this?!? Certainly, I have raised my children to know that we don't dump soda all over other people's faces when they say they are thirsty! Certainly, they know that we don't EVER dump soda out of the can unless it is into our own mouth!! I mean, REALLY!
Speaking of Henry, he got bitten at school last week. He's lucky the kid that bit him did not have rabies, because it actually broke the skin a little bit. The wierdest thing was that it was right on Henry's cheek! I mean, what kind of freaky kid bites another one on his cheek?!? It was a week ago and he still has a mark. I know it is normal for kids at this age to bite, but it does make me really glad that none of my kids ever bit anyone like that. Henry did bite a child once--but it didn't even leave a mark--and even when he bit Jackie (that happened a few times actually) the mark never lasted more then a few hours.
Ok--the kids are making me crazy, so I am done for now...but at least I feel like I have not totally abandoned you faithful few that actually read this! Expect more soon!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is hysterical! Love it! I'm cracking up! What ARE these kids thinking??
ok, so when Philip and I went to La Petite as kids when we still lived in Oklahoma, I was maybe 4 he was maybe 7 or so, this girl tried to take philip's raisins (we didn't eat candy) and i bit her. they called my mom, we were picked up and asked to please never come again! but, in my defense, I was just looking out for my older brother. I just bit her hand, which makes sense of course! So, i guess it just happens! :)
Post a Comment