Do you ever feel like you will never NOT be exhausted?? Everyday I wake up so tired, after two hours being awake I am ready for a nap. EVER DAY.
Last night Jeremy had an episode. It has happened a few times, but I think last night was the worst one for him. He woke up at 1:07am gasping for breath. He jumped up coughing and gasping trying to catch his breath. A few weeks ago Jeremy had a sleep study done and they found out he has HORRIBLE apnea. There are a few reasons for this. One is that he has huge tonsils. He first found this out about 6 months ago when he got tonsilitis that got so bad the infection spread to his eyes, making them all red and terribly swollen (it wasn't very attractive!). Another reason that he has this apnea is that his uvuela (which is part of your throat not some other area...) is abnormally large. All of this means he has a very small airway compared to the rest of us. When he found out this information, he was actually quite pleased with himself. There is nothing Jer likes better then being unique! So after the sleep study, the ENT recommended surgery to remove his tonsils, adnoids and to reshape his uvuela (not sure if I am spelling that right and am too lazy to look it up). So, all this to say that on Tuesday he will be going in for the surgery in the morning. He then has to stay overnight in the hospital. After last night I am very glad he's going in. Everytime he has an episode like that it scares the pants off me. It can actually cause a stroke or heart attack--not exactly something you want to worry about at 29 (almost 30...HA!) years old.
So, Tuesday morning, pray for Jer. Supposedly the recovery for this kind of procedure in an adult is pretty terrible. On the plus side I think he will get to have lots of milkshakes and ice cream, which are his favorite foods!
Peace!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We will pray... I am worried about Jer! The things we take for granted... like normal sized airways.
Post a Comment