I've been gone, in case you haven't noticed. I've been in a funk--see my last blog!! and it has made it hard to want to blog, or facebook or anything. I've just been kind of self-absorbed, escaping into a book whenever possible.
But I'm back! Somehow, God has dragged me through my despair into a feeling of action and contentment. Last Tuesday I interviewed for a job I wanted SO badly! I had visited the church and I loved it! I felt like it was a place BUILT for me! However, on Friday I found out that they didn't even want a second interview. It was horrible--I was crushed. The second I got off the phone with the guy who delievered the bad news I started sobbing. Then I went home and slept for 3 hours before going to work at the Breeze. Friday was terrible--I felt like I was in a daze--I couldn't believe that this is what my life had come to. However, Saturday was a new day! I woke up and pulled it together. I got busy, working on the house. I listed a bunch of our outdoor toys on Craigslist and got rid of them in NO time! I felt so accomplished. A bunch of junk gone and some extra money in our pocket.
Yesterday Jeremy and I spent some time working on the backyard--it really needed some attention! We got all the plastic Little Tikes stuff that we were selling out and weeded and mowed. It is like a brand new yard! So much less ghetto-fabulous then before! Yay!
Today we took the kids to Marbles (the kids museum) and had a good time. They have a special Olympics exhibit right now, the most exciting part of it was the "ice" rink with real Carolina Hurricanes jerseys as well as hockey sticks and (plastic) pucks. The kids never wanted t
o leave!
It felt good this weekend to do "good parent" stuff instead of just moping around. Maybe it's because I can see preschool on the horizon (Charlie started school last Monday!)...maybe it's because I have no hope for another job besides Bahama Breeze right now...maybe it's my love for our new puppy, Bella. Whatever it is, I am grateful to God for the lifting my veil of discontent.
On that note, we did welcome our boxer puppy home last week. Bella is a joy! We are having a pretty easy time of house-training her, which is a huge relief. She sleeps through the night in the crate next to our bed. The only problem is biting--not hard, mean biting, just the mouthi
ng that dogs do, only she presses down just a little to hard. I can't seem to make her stop!! She thinks its a game but sometimes it really hurts! Here's so
me pics of her--she is ridiculously cute!
2 comments:
She is indeed ridiculously cute! I know how you feel, if it's not one thing it's another! Love you! Glad you are back! I kept checking, and checking, and checking some more. finally, 2 new posts!
The puppy is too cute , the boys looked like they had fun. Sorry to hear about the refrigerator. Do what I Do Thank God that you had the money to fix the regrigerator and things will seem better. :)
Post a Comment