Friday, September 5, 2008

What the Heck?!

So, why the heck am I not asleep?!? I went to bed close to midnight and then slept restlessly till 3:30am. I've been up since then and all I can think about is how tired I am going to be tomorrow. Somehow, i don't think I am going to be very patient with the low-class patrons of Bahama Breeze come 11pm. I know that sounds REALLY snotty--but seriously you should come to Bahama Breeze in Raleigh on a Friday night around 10:30pm--it is unbelievable. It is like nothing I had ever seen in a restaurant until I began working there.

I have had an interesting development in my life this week. The first church that I worked at, Trinity UMC, has offered me my part-time job back. I have to say, it is very tempting. Just to have a paycheck that we can depend on--I am so stressed at Bahama Breeze, because I am not making enough money and it is so unreliable. I have been praying about it, and when I was talking to Jim (my pastor and friend at Trinity) my mind just started spinning--about how I would do things, how I would make things different then before. It has been a lot to think about (probably why I am not sleeping). I mean, it is part-time...is the money enough for us to be able to get by? Also, if I take the position I will commit (unofficially) for 2 years. The kids count on me--I can't mess with their minds. I love them so much--there is no way I would do anything to hurt them. So, stuff to think about. I guess I have a long day to do so!

No comments: