I really have no idea. People always ask me that on Monday..."How was your weekend?" and when they ask i really have no idea. I can't remember. It's such a stretch in my simple mind to remember what I did at any time.
1. I was forced out of bed at 8:45am, which is not particularly early, but I am always so tired these days and today was Jeremy;s day off so i didn't have to worry about the kids burning the house down while I stayed up in my bed...then I came downstairs and had all three kids demanding breakfast food for me (which, their definition of breakfast food includes fruit snacks or fruit roll-ups). For some reason they don;t think to ask for food or beverages until I get out of bed--apparently Daddy is not trusted to get them cereal or apple juice. SO I poured everyone their Cocoa Puffs, including myself, which I ate in silent stupor on the couch watching Phineas & Ferb on Disney Channel.
2. Then I went to therapy, where she was shocked and excited about my haircut. It was during that session that I realized the same day that my depression took a turning point towards contentment was on Tuesday, the same day that I did the big chop. Interestingggg....
3. When to Fresh Market and bought fruit. My kids are going to die of scurvy (can you really die from scurvy? is scurvy a real disease or did my mom just make it up to try and get us to eat fruit & veggies??) so I had to buy them some strawberries and the right kind of apples.
4. Went to the pool with the kids and Jer. It is nice now because we don;t have to watch the kids like absolute hawks (we DO watch them, this is just the first year that I am feeling comfortable that they are not going to drown at any moment) and not one of them want to hang on us all the time. So, Jer and I get to spend some time cuddling in the water, an activity that we have not really enjoyed since high school. I am sure it makes the teenage lifeguard want to vomit, but it is fun for us! I laid out for a few mintutes--I am trying to get the underside of my arms tanned before my brother in law's wedding because I am wearing a sleeveless dress and as the saying goes, tan fat looks better then white fat! However, I don't seem to be tanning, I am just getting freckly...whatever.
5. What the heck else did I do?? Oh, took a nap (after I made lunch for the kids who all hated everything I made, of course)...a loooong nap, my husband is dreamy!
6. The we took the kids to Right Time Kids (drop-off childcare) and went out to Friday's for dinner because we had gift certificates for it. It was good--we talked about the puppy issue. And I think he is convinced, although maybe slightly feeling cornered. But I know that once we have the puppy he too will be in love. I hope.
7. Now I wish I were alseep, but I am busy having a panic attack...hopefully soon sleep will come, after all tomorrow is puppy day!
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment