Monday, July 14, 2008

Grawr

WHy am i awake?!?! It's almost midnight and I want to be asleep...I am so tired, but as soon as I lay down my thoughts start racing...so here I am blogging and watching the Bachlorette.

I bought a dress today (as well as some Spanx to wear underneath...I need something to smooth out all my lumps and bumps!). If you know me, you know I never wear dresses--this is a huge stepping stone for me!! I even bought heels (I've actually NEVER worn heels before!!!). I feel kinda manly in the heels because it makes me and inch or two taller then Jer. But hey! my legs look pretty good, for a fat girl!

Today a miracle happened...I actually took all three boys with me to Wal-Mart and I barely had to yell at them!!! I had major grocery shopping to do and it was the first time in a looooong time that I took them all with me. We were there for almost 2 hours (trust me, our cupboards were bare!) and i did have to bribe them with a little bit of candy, but all in all it was quite successful! And our cabinets, frige and freezer are more full then they have been in a while. I have actually been cooking dinner almost every night for the past week and a half. It;s the first time since I have en working -time that I have had the time and/or will to try new recipes. I have 3 new recipes to try this week and I am so excited! I am excited that half my evenings are not taken up with other obligations. I am excited to spend so much time with my kids, although I have to admit that being at home with them all day is going to take some getting used to!

By the way, there is a possibility that I might be getting a boxer puppy!!! I have been wanting a puppy so badly and this evening when I got home from Target my neighbors were chatting with another neighbor that has a couple of boxers. When I saw that dog looking over at me, I just had to go over and give him some love. As I started talking to Shonda, the dog's owner, she told me that their female boxer had just given birth to eight puppies. 4 males and 3 females. Wait, that's 7 puppies...my bad. Anyways, she told me I could come over and put dibs on one if we wanted. They are only two weeks old right now, they actually just opened their eyes 2 days ago! So it is still 8 weeks until they can leave their mama...I am hoping I can sway Jeremy. When I was talking to him tonight it really seemed like his heart was softening to the idea. He knows that I need something right now. I am most likely going to be serving at Bahama Breeze for the next 9 months or so (until a youth ministry position or some other oppurtunity that God has in store for me) so I will be home all day to love and care for a new puppy. I want it so bad!!!

1 comment:

thedooligans4 said...

Hey! I am rooting for the puppy also! I sort of fell in love with Maggie while I was there. She was just so sweet, and a PUPPY version of her. I am not sure I could stand the cuteness of it all! I am sorry the job search is not going well, but I am glad you are grabbing the time to spend with your boys and enjoying the cooking. I liked how you phrased it on Facebook, about not having formal employment. I am also informally employed. I love, love, love the hair. Makes me want to get mine cut, but I look like a potato head with my hair cut off.
Love you, love you, love you!
ps I just ate a whole bag of those Pepperidge Farm Verona cookies! Now I feel like a big cow.