I need a dog! Now! Today!
I love animals so much. I love soft fur and wet noses and how they snuffle you with their adorable faces. I am in doggie withdrawl. A few months ago we (or atleast everyone but Jeremy) joyously welcomed a foster boxer named Maggie into our lives. If it had been up to me, we would have adopted her immediately. I loved every annoying thing about her! And, most importantly, she loved me. Dogs expect nothing much of you--they hope you will feed them, take them outside and pet them. But even if you suck at life, and don't bother to do any of the above they will still love you just because they somehow know that they are supposed to. The past few (actually, many) months have been trying for me and when Maggie was here there was someone who would just cuddle up with me and love me when I felt down. Occasionally it was annoying--like when I wanted some alone time with Jer or if I was making dinner, but for the most part, I adored every second that Maggie spent following me around, sitting at my feet, and curled up in my lap on the couch. I was loved--I felt like I was doing something right. And I am so happy that she was adopted...but I miss her.
I want a dog--a puppy would be great, but I really just want a pet who would love me even though I am one hot mess. Someone who is always happy I am around and doesn't care that I spent too much money at Target today (which, if you are reading this Jer, I did not actually do today, it is just a example of a time that I feel the need for a puppy!!), who does not beg me to go to the pool, or for marshmallows or one more piece of gum. Someone who is just happy if I hold the back door open for her, put some kibble in her bowl, and who will sit down on the floor for some wet, messy doggie kisses.
Sigh. I need a dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment