Saturday, July 19, 2008

GAG!

So, Jam to match your story from yesterday on the mutant dust-bunnies and 5 year-old dried up formula, today Jeremy went to fix a leak that we had just noticed at the base of our garbage disposal. What we hadn't noticed until he went in with the putty to do the repair was the fact that a huge bucket that holds cleaning supplies was FULL to the brim with this disgusting looking water with a layer of congealed grease on top. Soooooo, as much as we wanted to ignore the fact that there was a huge bucket of puke-water under our sink it just wasn't possible. so I put a thick towel on the floor at the bast of the cabinet doors, figuring that would catch any overflow as we attempted to move it ouside (I had just mopped and waxed the floor yesterday!!!). I thought wrong--when Jeremy went to pick up the bucket it must have cracked somewhere and water just started pouring out everywhere. We tried to keep in covered with the towel but it was just like someone was puking all over our feet and all over my clean kitchen floor. We got it outside...and then the smell hit. It was AWFUL (major understatement). Jeremy and I are standing in the kitchen covered in the wretched stuff practically gagging, when Charlie walks in and asks "What's that smell? It smells like throw-up in here." Thanks kid--no kidding! SO I sprayed bleach cleaner down (I am, of course out of full-strength bleach) and mopped with extra cleaner (which probably won't make anything cleaner, just stickier). After which Jackie promptly walked downstairs and asked if I could "get rid of the throw-up smell." The only positive is I am not cooking dinner--not that I'm hungry anyway, now that my plumbing has barfed all over me, my husband, and out kitchen. Ugh.

1 comment:

thedooligans4 said...

I am laughing so hard at your horrible story! That is hysterical. Esp. love the kids reaction to the smell. yesterday jonathan walked in as Dave was struggling to heave the old carpet out the bedroom window. i think this was far more damaging than when he walked in on us, uh, in the bedroom. He looked totally freaked, and said, Why are you throwing THE CARPET out THE WINDOW? He looked so disturbed, like ok, my parents have finally lost it, and I am going to have to take over.
BTW, Your blog looks cute, but just go to thcutestblogontheblock and follow their directions. It is literally one cut and paste action and it changes your blog seamlessly. They have tons of cute templates to chose from. This is the best site I have ever found.