Saturday, July 12, 2008

Speed Racer

Today we had a family day...I am not going to say it was a perfect day because I was in a VILE mood most of the day which the kids were certinly perceptive to. However, we did have some fun. First of all we went to the flea market--in Raleigh the flea market is kind of a big deal. We had freshly squeezed lemonade and wandered around the booths taking everything in. I got some Madagascar vanilla beans which I am going to use to make homemade ice cream--I am very excited...they smell unbelievable so Ican;t wait to taste their floral wonderfulness in my freshly churned ice cream!

So, we also purchased a Christian Dior tuxedo jacket (complete with tails) for Henry. He is going to be the ring bearer at Jeremy's brothers wedding and we have all the pieces for the tux except the jacket. We also got shiny black tux shoes for him AND Charlie. Charlie was so disappointed that he was not getting a tux or suit (the kid loves to wear dressy clothes) that I let him pick out a pair of shiny black shoes (that he promptly put on--it was the perfect addition to his denim overalls!). He was also allowed to pick out a bowtie from a huge bin full of them. This was a cheap thrill for him!

After the flea market we went to the $1.50 movie to see Speed Racer. Now, not only were the tickets for the movie only $1.50 each, we also got FREE REFILLS on out popcorn and sodas!!! It was unbelievable! I had no idea it was such a good deal. Now I was hugely surprised by Speed Racer. I expected my kids to love it, which they did. I didn't expect much from it---but I loved it! I thought it was an awesome movie. I found the story very moving and I just loved the animation and action. It was one of the favorite kids movies I have seen. Wierd, huh?

No comments: