Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Snow Cream
We've had a good couple of days here at the Morgan household. I have been a little bit stressed, but when I put that aside I have enjoyed seeing the kids play in the snow. It's a little challenging because we don't have snow clothes, so anytime the kids go out and then come in I have to srtip them down at the door, put all new clothes on them and put all the clothes they were wearing in the dryer (or the washer as mud started to make it's appearance late this afternoon). But they have loved every second of it! Today, our friends Noah and Jocelyn came over (their mom used to teach Charlie's preschool teacher, and she was our babysitter for a couple of years). The kids had a major snowball fight in the backyard and then they came inside and we made "snow cream". In all my years growing up with snow in Canada i had never heard of snow cream. But one of my North Carolina friends told me it was what they did everytime it snowed. Maybe it's because snow is such a novelty here--anyway we mixed a big bowl of snow with 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup sugar and some vanilla. The kids were amazed! It tasted like vanilla ice cream! It was a hit and will be a tradition for the Morgan family whenever we are surrounded with snow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
BTW, Jeremy gets the sweetest husband of the week award for that blog post! Normally, Dave is the only one that I give this award to, but Jer gets it this week! That part about the foot without the toenail?? Totally sweet!
And did you really eat SNOW?
How do you know that a squirrel did not poo or pee in the snow? I am sorry, that was definite raining on your parade.
We looked for clean, unmarked snow. And Jeremy definetly checked for yellow snow before putting it in the bowl. ANyway, I didn't eat it--not my thing! What's a little squirrel poop or pee in the grand scheme of things?!
Post a Comment