Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's in Melbourne

Well, I am writing this sitting on my own couch, very happy to be home. It;s wierd how you can be happy to be home but sad that you are away from family & friends. After every visit I have to Florida, I am reminded of what great friends Jeremy and I have in Jamie & David Dooley. We spent an awesome New Year's at there house last week. The kids love going to visit Jon-Jon & Anna. We never do anything exciting, but the kids do get to ride bikes, play each other's video games and hang out. We met at Fazoli's for a fabulous meal (we all LOVE Fazoli's!!!) and then headed back over to the Dooley house. The kids hung out with the men while Jamie & I headed out in search of the famous Salted Nut Bar Fudge. Last time we were in Melbourne, Jamie and I experienced the most delicious Fudge from Tin Roof Popcorn in downtown Melbourne. This fat girl has eaten quite a bit of fudge, and the salted nut bar fudge was the most delightful fundge EVER!!! So, we drove down to Tin Roof and when we walked in we saw the Eevil woman who had yelled at our children when we came in during the summer (she didn't want them to touch the glass--which is fine, but she did not go about it very nicely). Well, i was just so darn excited I asked her with great enthusiasm..."Do you have any salted nut?!?" She looked at me like I was insane and said very disdanely, "Salted nut...you can get that at Wal-mart!!" And before, I could qualify my request she went on a tangent about getting salted nuts at Wal-mart...sheesh! Finally i got in a word and said "No, salted nut fudge" and she immediately said "oh, no we don't have that kind now." Okay then, crazy lady!!! If you often have a variety of fudge called Salted Nut, why are you acting like I am an insane person when I ask for salted nut? Before you make an ass out of yourself, wouldn't you ask for more information??? So, because of her rudeness, we walked to the fudge shop down the street. Where we got some delicious sweets for everyone! Jamie and I got these unbelievable marshmallows coated with caramel and toasted coconut and drizzled with milk chocolate. They were HEAVENLY. Seriously, good eats.
Then we went home to see that Jeremy had taught Charlie how to ride on a 2-wheeler. We were so proud! Jamie started crying and I teared up a bit. Our babies are getting so big!


A little bit later Jamie and I took the babies to Publiz and got subs for the grown-ups and Lunchables for the kids. Henry & Anna rode in the grocery cart together, and only fought about 50% of the time!



After the kids went to bed, we had some fun playing a really stupid card game and then our favorite, Apples to Apples. We made it to the New Year and then we all crashed and headed to bed! Happy New Year!!


The next morning, the men started off the year, by putting up a shelf from IKEA. Nothing like a "man job" that involves tools to help boost their self esteem! It was fun watching them work together!

1 comment:

thedooligans4 said...

1.) Super HOT pic of me! Thanks ALOT. Especially flattering of my chin (s).
2.) The Dooleys ARE pretty awesome! We are always happy to host the Morgans!
3.)Sorry we don't do anything "exciting" with the children. Next time I will try to have some fireworks or real swords available to make things more exciting.
4.) Salted nut ROLL! I went there and put my name on a list. Yes, in keeping with my weight loss goals for the year, I asked to be notified IMMEDIATELY when the salted nut became available. There was a SUPER nice lady there this time. She said people request it all the time, which makes me think even more that woman just plain hates us and wants to make our salted nut acquisition very stressful!
4.) why did this need to be a numbered list?