Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Dowtown Disney

This is my final post about Florida! We just squeezed so much fun into a week--I felt like I had to share!

On our last day in Florida we went to Downtown Disney. Disney is my favorite place. I LOVE IT!! We couldn't afford to actually go to Disney World this time (don't tell Jeremy, but I totally plan on going on a Disney cruise this spring!!) so we decided to take the kids Downtown instead. They love going there because that it where the Lego Store is. This is heaven for Charlie. If you've ever been there, you will know it is hell for parents!!! Not only do kids get a serious case of the I-wants but it is just mad chaos...there are kids and parents everywhere! If there is ever a place at Disney where you could easily lose your kid, Lego Store would be it. The kids each had $10 to spend on Legos--Ian had given them each a $10 giftcard to Target for Christmas, so I just traded them their giftcards for cash. It was really fun for them to pick out there stuff--although somewhat challenging for Charlie because he wanted a lego set, and so many of them are WAY more then $10. But they managed!

We also went to the T-Rex restaurant while we were there. T-Rex is basically the Rainforest Cafe, but with dinos. There are dinosaurs everywhere and every 30 minutes there is a meteor shower. Henry was terrified/fascinated by the meteor showers. The ceiling flashed different colors and all the dinosaurs made noises and reared their heads. It sounded kinda like thunder. It was pretty cool. I got this great picture of Henry while a shower was going on. I have never seen the kids eyes so wide!!

Finally, Grandma Vicki paid for each of the kids to Build-A-Dino. The Build-A-Bear lady (smart woman!) has partnered with T-Rex and they have a dino workshop. So all the boys picked out their own dinosaur, stuffed it and "bathed" it. It was really fun for them. Our dinos names have a theme...Annakin (C's), Jar-Jar (J's), and R2D2 (H's). Apparently we are going through a Star Wars phase!!

1 comment:

thedooligans4 said...

Omigoodness! We HAVE to go to Downtown Disney when you come back! The dinosaur place sounds like so much fun! Er, I mean, for the children of course! And clever you about the giftcard swap! Jonathan is going through a major Star Wars phase also. Something about the boys being here? And his Star Wars DS game he got for Christmas! I need to mail the nintendo, I am so sorry that I have not done so!