Friday, January 2, 2009

At Home in Florida

It has been an awesome week. No doubt about it, December has been the happiest month I've had in a long time. I have enjoyed spending time with all of my family, creating lots of special memories.

On the 27th the Morgan family piled in the family van and drove FOREVER (actually 13 hours) to Orlando to get to grandma Vicki's house. The drive was torturous, but the kids were awesome! They were certainly more patient that I was feeling. We stopped for breakfast in Fayetteville NC, just an hour from our house and then drove for 5 straight hours before stopping at the Georgia border for lunch at the NASTIEST Chic-Fil-A I have ever been to. Then we piled back into the car and only stopped once for a potty break (in the ghetto-ist part of Jacksonville). At one point, when the kids started to break down a bit we handed everyone their own bag of chips and a Diet Sprite. That got everyone under control until we finally made it to Orlando. Once we got to Grandma's at 8:30 the fun really began! We had dinner and the kids went into high gear, they were so excited to see Grandma Vicki, Ron, Ian, Aunt Peggy,Uncle Waylon as well as our nephews (the kids cousins, duh) Dylan & Tyler (also known as "the boys" or "the twins"). The kids opened their Christmas presents from Grandma Vicki, Ron & Ian. They got personalized Superhero capes, cool board games from Uncle Johnny and our family, as a whole, got the Wii Fit. The kids were very excited!


The next day we got to go watch the twins play at their soccer tournament, which was really fun. I had never seen them play for, and it was pretty neat. I first met Dylan and Tyler when they were about 4 years old--now they are 17 and thinking about college. It really made me realize how fast time flies. My own boys start playing soccer this spring...before I know it they will be playing with the big boys!!



The next day the boys played in the pool while I went to Melbourne to spend some quality adult(ish) time with Jamie and my sister. We had a lot of fun & laughed a lot! We stuffed ourselves at the Pizza Gallery and then Jamie & I got some mediocre sweets from the Viera candy store.



I just downloaded all the pictures from the week and realized there is way too much for one blog!! Charlie learned to ride a two-wheeler, we had a fun-filled New Years Eve and a wonderful afternoon at Downtown Disney. Right now I have to go get us packed, but I promise, more blog to come!!

No comments: