So, my child would not get out of the car at the bus stop on Thursday. I wanted to strangle him. He was very lucky that their were other parents around, all who were standing in a huddle TOTALLY judging me.
This is how it happened...he left his book bag in Jeremy's car. This is what led to, apparently, the most traumatic event in his young life. He did not have a bag to carry his lunch and water bottle in. He is in kindergarten for crying out loud!! It's not like I am forcing him to wear a Wiggles t-shirt to school!! I don't tuck his shirts into his underwear (thanks mom!)! What more does he want from me?!? Apparently, to remeber that he left his Pottery Barn brand, Superman backpack (courtesy of Grandma Vicki) in his dad's car the night before...does he realize how lucky he is?? Three times I have taken Henry to preschool without shoes packed for him. The poor kid had no shoes for goodness sakes!
So, Charlie pitched a fit, like you've never seen. Most people would not believe sweet little Charlie is capable of such demon-possessed behavior...first he started crying, which excelerated into wailing...and then it was a sit-in. The bus pulled up and he REFUSED to get out. I tried pulling him, yanking on him, threatening with violence (which of course, I would never follow through with, especially with an audience of perfectly coiffed PTA mom's staring at me!). I told him I was going to sell the Wii if he did not get on the bus...to which he calmly replied "Fine, sell the Wii." The bus pulled away and I swear I wanted to trade him in for a new model!
So, I haven't sold the Wii...that's not fair to the rest of the family...however it will be a looooong time before Charlie gets his hands on a Wiimote again.
I love him, just like all my children, but sometimes...
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment