Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer is here...I hate it.

Really, I do. I hate summer. I'm hot, I sweat and it makes me grumpy. The air-conditioning in the van is broken so I am driving my children around in the "rollar skate", our ugly, exruciating small, oddly smelling Hyundai Accent. It has great AC...thank goodness...but it is so small the kids can touch each other in the back seat. It's horrible! All they do is fight and hit each other! It is constant screaming whenever we get in the car...I am going CRAZY (as if I weren't there already!!!)

On the bright side, the pool is open. I look REALLY hot in a bathing suit...just kidding. But I do like the bathing suit I got (although I do wear an old bra underneath it so my boobs are not drooping to an embarassingly low level!) so i don't feel quite as fat as last year. The kids are in love with the pool this year! I took them all by myself yesterday. It was the first time I have ever attempted to take all three to the pool without a second adult. It was great! Charlie is remebering his swimming skills from last year and spends all his time franticalling paddling while keeping his face and body underwater. He looks a little crazy but he is having a great time doing it. Jackie is so much less nervous about the water this year. He will actually let go of me in the water (although he must be wearing his water wings at all times!). He just kind of wanders around in the shallow end where he can touch and hangs off the bars by the steps pretending to be a monkey. Henry is a whole different story. I have never seen a two year old act like he does around the water! He has NO FEAR. He wants to go underwater all the time. Yesterday before we went I stopped at Wal-Mart and got him a life jacket (those babies are expensive!!!). He does not want me to hold him at all while he is swimming...he bobs around swims on his front and back and happily sticks his face underwater. The wierdest thing is that he will jump in. He jumps in the 3 foot area and goes totally underwater. He will not let me catch him so I have to go over and help him reach the 2 foot area where he can touch the bottom. He loves jumping in and going all the way underwater. He comes up laughing everytime! My other 2 boys were terrified to put their faces in the water...Henry is weird! I guess he will be our swimmer.

1 comment:

thedooligans4 said...

See, I do care! It's only been like 90 here.
You are right, the Hyundai does really stink. I could never quite place the smell? But I bet the gas milage is awesome. You need someone to install a taxi cab shield (or is that police cars?) You know, like some sort of barricade (soundproof) of course! in between the front seat and the backseat and then you will be all set. Anna has much less fear than Jonathan did, but she still freaks when we have to dunk her at swimming. Henry is an odd one.
So your car stinks, and your child is odd. Anyone who reads this comment won't like me! But you know I love you. My new suit is really, really frumpy, but then it has a really out of place plunging neckline. It's not sexy because it kind of smashes my boobs apart and down. Very strange cleavage it creates.