It's Saturday night and I feel so blessed to be sitting in an awesome swordfish print chair with matching ottoman at a cosy house in Carolina Beach. It's not everyday that you have the oppurtunity to relax in a ridiculously comfy chair that it covered in a print of swordfish and fishing boats!
This week has been incredible. On Tuesady morning I drove up to Carolina Beach with a friend and spent 2 days having a Sabbath--a break--with her and two other youth workers from the Raleigh District UMC. Then on Thursday night my family came up and joined me. We have had an amazing time. Being at the beach this week has reminded me what it means to be in Sabbath. There are so many ways to rest in God's presence. Playing in the waves with the kids is one way, burying Charlie in the warm sand and seeing the delight in his eyes is another...there have been many moments in the past few days that made me breathe deep, breathe deep the breath of God.
One thing that we did with the kids was go to the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher. They all loved it--especially Charlie! He is just at this great age where he loves learning! At the beach there were a lot of jellyfish washing up on shore so Charlie was thrilled to go to a presentation on jellies at the aquarium. We learned a whole lot about jellies, their tentacles, life cycle...and the kids favorite tidbit was that jellies are seaturtles favorite food! They also loved seeing the "carolina mudcats" (aka catfish), and all the characters from Finding Nemo. Henry would have sat all day at the tank that held the clownfish (Nemo) which swam in and out of the anenmome.
Enjoys the pics and videos!
1 comment:
I love this blog post. I know, sometimes Sunday is the craziest time when you are serving and have responsibilities, so you cant always worship there. You have to have that quiet time just to be in His prescence so you can hear. But I know that quiet times, calm times are few and far between in your life. Church is important, but not everyone in all situations can worship there, especially when it may not seem like a place of refuge.(as in certain situations, where it seems more like a battle)I am glad you got some downtime to just be and be with your babies.
I am praying for you and I could not love you anymore! Kiss, kiss! Jamie
Post a Comment