Saturday, May 10, 2008

Going Home


It's extremely early on Sunday morning (1am) and I can't sleep. I know why...we are going home. I have rested for 4 1/2 days in the presence of Jesus, and now the rest is over. Last night, after dinner, my headache returned. For the past month or so I have been taking ibuprofen regularly--at least once a day. For the past almost 5 days I have not needed any. I had not had any intense headaches. But after bathtime last night, as I sat on the fish chair and watched Back to the Future III and typed away at my blog, the headache returned. I tried to ignore it. As it intensified, I tried to relax...watched another movie, and finally, went to sleep. However, I tossed and turned for a couple of hours...almost falling asleep a few times when I finally got up and searched out some excedrin Melanie had in her medicine cabinet. I watched the last 30 minutes of Big Daddy (you know, that Adam Sandler movie? It about had me in tears! Heartwarming, I'm telling you!) and tried to go back to sleep. But my mind has different ideas...reality is approaching and my body knew it before I did. My stomach is in knots and thoughts are swirling.

Will the prescence of Christ be as apparent back in Raleigh/Holly Springs as it is here? I mean, I pray as much at home, if not more then I have here...

The problem is, at home I am always praying ABOUT something. It's hard to just know He's there. There is so much crap in my day and not enough time to just be...

Help me to trust, O God. Help me to feel your presence, not just in the peace but in the little (and big) struggles each day. Amen.

No comments: