Ahhh...teacher workdays are always fun....before I had children I so would have judged parents who dreaded teacher workdays and summer holidays...however, now I COMPLETELY understand!!!!!! Yesterday was AWFUL!! Usually when I have the oppurtunuity to have all the kids home with me we do something fun, like go the children's museum (pictures are from the last workday). However, i had stuff to get done, so I spent 10hours alone in a 1200 square foot house with 3 boys who spent most of the day fighting, tattling, and screaming in general. Occasionally days like that are good--I mean, not days full of fighting, screaming and tattling, but days off where we are just at home. However, when all 3 boys are here the dynamic is just off. 2 boys are fine, 3 is a recipe for disaster!!
Yesterday they recieved a new video game for the wii, coutesy of a gift card from Grandma Vicki. They purchased Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and I thought "Fabulous! This will keep them entertained and off each other's backs for at least a few minutes!" Well, turns out it is difficult for a 4 year old to understand the concept of a brawl--everytime Charlie's player hit him, Jackie would start freaking out and crying "why did you do that Charlie? Why do you keep hitting me Charlie??" It was terrible...so eventually I had to turn that off because I just couldn't take it!
Of course, I wasn't being mom of the year because I have so much stuff for work that I have to do....I spent a good 5 hours on the computer, taking care of business. For everyone who thinks my job is all fun and games, give me a call--I'd be glad to give you an earful!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment