We had a great Halloween at the Morgan household! We really did just have a really fun time as a family. It was the first year that the kids really seemed to get it and they loved dressing up and running from house to house. We went trick-or-treating with our neighbors and our kids thought that was SOOO much fun! They loved hanging out with the other kids. They got so much candy it was ridiculous--and almost all of it was good candy. Back in my day we used to get so much of the crappy candy--like the suckers you get at the bank. They are ok when you get them from a bank teller but you don't want 50 of them in your Halloween bag! They did each get one of those nasty candies wrapped in orange wax paper. Chalrie made the mistake of choosing that as one of the 3 peices of candy he got to eat before bed. It was immediately spit out into the paper! Can't blame him one bit. My dad actually LIKES those candies!!! But there's no accounting for taste
At the last minute Jackie decided that he didn't want to dress up as a SWAT team officer. It was the only costume that I actually paid for, but instead he ran upstairs and pulled this old Mr. Incredible costume out of their dress-up bin. Then I painted on a mask and voila!...$20 well spent :P Charlie was Indiana Jones--I made the costume myself. Well not made, but put together I guess. I made the shirt by tearing the sleeve off an old dress shirt and soaked it in hot tea. I also made him a man purse (did you realize that Indy carried a murse??). The hat was a gift from my parents when they were in Arizona and obviously, the khaki pants weren't a challenge!!
Henry spent loved trick-or-treating. He walked up the stairs to everyone's house saying "trick-or-treat" over and over again. He loved going through all his candy--he didn't even mind when i confiscated all his chocolate...sucks for him, great for me!!! I am a terrible mommy. But I only confiscate because he can't eat it--it all has milk in it!
1 comment:
They are all so stinkin cute! Kudos on the Indiana Jones costume. That was so clever! Jonathan did the exact same thing. He flip-flopped on the Darth Vader costume and was Optimus Prime for the second year in a row. I just think the kid's not meant to be a villian. The costume was too ironic and a mistake on my part really. But I did get some fabulous pictures of Dave in the Darth Vader costume. That's right, six feet tall and in a size 5 costume. I am glad you had a Happy Halloween! Holidays so rarely live up to our expectations as mothers that we are almost suprised when they don't stink. I am up all night watching Lou Feregna on The Mister Rogers Show. There might be some wierd sexual tension between the Hulk and Mister Rogers. I don't know, maybe I am just hallucinating. I had to take all six the first day of my steroid pack at once and it has got me revved up, but not in a good, clean your house and make cookies kind of way, but in a jumpy, paranoid way. Seriously, why didn't I just write you a letter? And how do you like my paragraph long text messages? Aren't they ironic? Irony! Why don't I use that word a few more times?
Post a Comment