A couple of afternoons ago, I was laying down on the couch while Jackie and Henry were watching Tom & Jerry. As I laid there with my eyes closed they just sat on the couch and I listened to their giggling (they think Tom & Jerry is hysterical!). I smiled to myself, knowing that this was one of those moments to remember.
I started working at this drop-off childcare place this past week. It is one of those hourly places--not a daycare, more like a babysitting service. The kids get to come and have fun--and we get to have fun with them. We have a bouncy house, a Wii, air hockey and lots of cool toys. The best part is that my kids can go with me. I wasn't sure how that was going to be...I mean sometimes I work to get a break from the childcare! However, my kids don't come every time. But when they have come, for the most part it has been great. It is really a time for me to be able to create memories with them. So often, when we are all at home I am distracted with the things I feel like I need to be doing--the dishes, laundry, cleaning etc. When I am at KidzStay and Play (KSAP) I get to play with them. It's fun! And we are all going to remember these moments.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I want a job like that! We don't have any drop in daycare type places here! Someone should open one. I would personally love it, a really fun, safe place that you can drop your kid off spontaneously? Sort of like an on-demand grandma.
Post a Comment