Thursday, November 6, 2008

Too Much Togetherness??

This week I have spent every waking moment with at least one child, if not all three children with me. Monday & Tuesday were teacher workdays so Charlie was at home. On both Monday and Tuesday afternoons I worked at Kidz Stay & Play (KSAP) because we are short-handed so I was helping them out. Being that it was the middle of the afternoon, my kids were with me. On Tuesday Jer picked them up at 6pm. So from 6pm-9pm on Tuesday was the only time this week that I have been free of my children's care. And at that time, I was still at work caring and cleaning up after other people's kids! SO, yes, there has been too much togetherness!!! I love them but they have gotten more clingy since I have been around so much...Henry and Jackie battle to sit on my lap..and Charlie has just been behaving badly to get attention. Normally Charlie is so well-behaved when we are at places with other kids and adults at them. Not so at KSAP. He hasn't been following the rules, he's been throwing fits and spent about 30% of his time in time-out. It makes me feel like a bad mom and a bad employee. I'm not sure what his deal is about it...he;s always begging to go but then he acts so badly when he's there...sigh.
This weekend is Pilgrimage. Pilgrimage is the North Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church big shin-dig for youth. it is a big conference-type event in Fayetteville NC (why Fayetteville, i have no idea...not the nicest place in NC). We take the kids and stay in hotels and go to worship. There are lots of traditions, my favorite being the Rainstorm. Anyway, it will be a good break from my kids--although I surely will come back exhausted after sharing a hotel room with 4 high school girls!!

1 comment:

thedooligans4 said...

Okay, so now I get the pilgramage thing, but what is rainstorm?
And yes, you are indeed suffering from too much togetherness!
Wanna know a secret?
I really can't stand my children today.