Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Failing
So, it's been a while since I lasted posted. I have just been feeling kinda crappy about myself so that doesn't much make for good blog material! I feel like a total failure...we gave Bella away. I am heartbroken. But we had to do what was best for her. Over the course of the past couple of weeks she was just getting super defensive of me. To the point where she wouldn't let the kids near me. On top of that, even if the kids weren't around me, she would stalk them and even pounce or sit on them just to be a bully. I watched many an episode of Dog Whisperer and tried his techniques but I just couldn't seem to make headway on that issue. Cesar was very helpful on getting me to get her to stop biting on people when playing and with house breaking but the over-defensiveness just wasn't giving. It was getting worse. I interviewed a couple of people and found a wonderful young couple who was very familiar with the breed who took her. Bella loved them right away, covering them in kisses and giving them love nibbles on the ears (which I miss :( ). I know she will be very happy there, but not only am I sad, because she was my companion, but I feel ashamed and like a failure. Not a good feeling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm really sorry about Bella. But you're not a failure! You're a good mother who made the best choice for her kids. Being a failure as a mother is much worse than failing as a dog owner. You won't be paying for Bella's therapy through adolescence because you gave her away. But if you kept a dog bully that had your children living in a state of fear, you might have to take your kids to therapy. And it sounds like you found her a great home. I'm sorry it didn't work out. I know you love her so much.
Post a Comment