So, it's been awhile I guess. I can't fully explain it except that I have been busy and sick. It's been a combination of church work (which included a weekend trip), working at KSAP, having whooping cough, then a cold and several TERRIBLE headaches, one of which almost ended in vomitting, which thusly caused a massive panic attack. Good times! With all that stuff going on, I just have not been motivated enough to blog. I have also been knitting obsessively, which keeps me away from the computer (it's hard to type with knitting needles in your hands).
Anyway, I am feeling much happier (and not sick at the moment)...I could be working on the worrship service for church on Friday evening, but decided that I would take this evening and catch up on email, Facebook and blogging. Big aspirations I have. My husband is in Little Rock, Arkansas right now. My father-in-law decided to celebrate his 3rd marriage this weekend. It was weird, having a long weekend without the love of my life around, but I am glad he got to spend some time with his family. That really doesn't happen for him very often, so as much as I was perturbed by it initially, it actually turned out ok. The kids and I went up to my parents house (and by house I mean RV) in Virginia. I was really worried. Imagine being the single mother of 3 boys under the age of 6 and taking them (in fact inflicting them) on your unsuspecting parents who live in a 500 square foot motor home. Not stressful at all, right?!? All I can say is thank God for fire!! The contained campfire kept
the kids occupied for a large portion of the day. They spent hours gathering sticks and pine cones to toss into the fire bowl. It was fun sitting outside on the "porch" in the woods. My dad had put up some Christmas lights on the trees outside the RV and they had these tiki torches...it was all very nice and relaxing. Everything that is, except my dad's smurf shoes!!! At some point my father had a Senior moment at Walmart and bought the ugliest blue slippery shoe things!! Smurf shoes!!! "But," he says, "they keep my feet warm!" All, I can say is he better not EVER make fun of my crocs again!!
1 comment:
I found this to be a very delightful post! I loved it! It made me smile at least three times! So Jer went, huh? That's good. You are a nice wife. That's why you were driving back alone. I could not quite figure that out.
I have been having a hard time blogging lately because I am having a hard time finding anything truthful and worthwhile to say. Blech! Love you new layout. I despise mine and I am going to go on and try to find something that makes me feel less irritable. Did you get my desparate, rambling and annoying message I left this AM? Miss you.
Post a Comment