Monday, October 13, 2008

Henry's Birthday





Yesterday was Henry's 3rd birthday. Hard to believe, really. I don't have any babies left!!! Just a bunch of kids! It just went by so fast. I remember a couple of days before Charlie was born I was in Petty's in Melbourne and this stranger came over and touched my stomach and started talking to me. I remember feeling slightly irritated...and tired of hearing everyone say the same thing. She said "Enjoy it--it's going to go by so fast." It's amazing how many people say that, and how we let that advice roll off our backs. It seems like we are always so eager for the next step. It's hard to just ENJOY the here and now. Now, I find myself giving preganant moms the same stupid advice people gave me. I look at my big, LOUD boys and know that the baby moments went by so fast. And then I am reminded that these moments are going to go by just as fast.

1 comment:

thedooligans4 said...

Were you at Petty's buying hot dogs, by any chance? Do you remember how many hot dogs you ate from there the last part of your pregnancy? I think that might be part of why you were orange after giving birth.
But yes, I am always thinking the same thing. The days go by so slow sometimes and we just want to get through it, but then we look back and we wish we had savored it more. Miss you!