Sunday, August 10, 2008

Best Friends


Wow. I just came back from having a great week. There was a time in my life that I DREADED going to Melbourne. From 2001 till 2006 there was nothing more depressing to me then being back in my "hometown". When I left Melbourne with Jeremy and Charlie I left with hurt feelings. SO, anytime I went home after that, the hurt and pain were brought to the surface again and again. However, there came a time when I got over my hurt. I forgave those that hurt me, and I didn't connect emotion with the hurt anymore. It was just something that had happened. It was after that disconnect that going home became fun.


Jamie is my best friend. I have been so blessed to have a friend that I have grown up with. We became friends in Jr. High--we had classes together and shared lunch in the 8th grade. It was the summer after 8th grade that we became BFF. It was that summer that we created a bond that has stood the test of time. How cheesy does that sound?!? But it's true, and I know that many people never experience the kind of friendship we have. Now everyone can go puke!


My kids and I had a great 4 days staying with the Dooley's. We spent some time swimming and at the beach (check out http://www.thedooligans4.blogspot.com/ for a great description of beach day!). It was fun to just chill out away from home. Jamie and I went to the Melting Pot for cheese & chocolate one night--after that we hit Target for a wild end to our night on the town! And on my last night in Melbourne we went and painted pottery. Painting Pottery was really fun. It was neat to see the different ways that Jamie and I approached the creative process. Jamie spent a lot of time thinking through her design, getting different stencils and picking colors. I am not so intentional with my though process. It's the way I am in life really--I just kinda go for it without neccesarily thinking it all out. I just slop on my paint and trust that "the spirit will move" and somehow everything will come together. There are pros and cons to the way both of us do things--neither one is better, just different. It's really a balance issue and it's why I NEED people like Jamie in my life. In life and in my job I tend to be a big picture person and sometimes this is great--people feed off my vision and catch my enthusiasm. However, without the more detail-minded people I would be a disaster! My vision (the vision I feel God has given me) would never come to fruition if there wasn't someone beside me who takes God's vision and puts it into reality instead of just floating around in my brain. Sorry--that was a bit of a tangent off the pottery!


Anyway, we painted food and water bowls for our new puppy, Maggie. They were so cute! Maggie is going to love them!

No comments: