Thursday, December 11, 2008

House Cleaning

My house is so disgusting. I am embarrassed anytime anyone visits because it is always such a mess. And on top of being a mess it's just dirty! We have lived in our house almost 6 years and there are some things I have never done...example, I have never once cleaned the baseboards. And right now it is REALLY bothering me. I have been working really hard to try and get things looking better but it is just so hard. I have this friend Aimee and I just don't understand how she does it. Her house is always spotless--not just clean but spotless! She is a great mom and does craft time and reading time and hardly ever puts on the tv. All of her kids board games and special toys are organized, no pieces missing and put away. Am I just lazy? I have been trying to do alot more fun things with my kids, like craft time and stuff, but it certainly doesn't make my house any cleaner!! I am just slugging away this week trying to get on top of what feels like years of dirt. That's a bit of an exaggeration, because of course I clean up and pick-up, but since I had my 3rd child (yes, it's all Henry's fault!!! :) I just can't keep on top of it. The closets are overflowing and it is all I can do to keep on top of the dishes and laundry. I guess I will just add it to my parental list of things to feel guilty about...

2 comments:

thedooligans4 said...

Do you think that it's possible that you hold yourself to the impossibly high standards of your mother's house? I mean, her house was always immaculate and perfectly coordinated. At least my mother gave me something reasonable to try and attain to. (Remember how my house always was?)
But after I talked to you, I thought, what a freak (aren't I nice?), who cleans their baseboards? And then I started looking around and really seeing how nasty everything was! I cleaned for so many hours yesterday! I went nuts. I had garbage bags full of stuff. I went through three Magic Erasers. And the only thing that stopped me was because I ran out. And I still feel like my house is dirty! There is still so much to do! I think I will never, ever be one of those people with a spotless house. I wonder what the mystery is. How do they do it?

Jones said...

I sooooo used to be on top of it...but like you, after this third kid it's way too hard!!