Sunday, March 29, 2009

Wow...it's Been a While!

It is 4am, so this may not be the most coherent post ever, but I figured it was about time to update! Our family has truly been through the ringer. I have been sick, which of course, whenever any Mommy is sick, totally disrupts the household. We have had visitors coming in and out helping Jeremy with the house and kids. First Jamie came (<3) then Aunt Peggy came (the kids fell in love with her!!), finally Gramma Vicki came--which is always a whirlwind of fun for the kids! Finally my parents have been her for a few days and will be here till Tuesday. It will be weird when I am home by myself again!
This week I got my first ever cake order! It was very exciting! It was a Tinkerbell cake and it turned out beautifully. I did accidentally smoosh her nose a bit, but aside from that I was quite proud. I am also excited because next week I am starting a cake decorating class! I can't wait to see ehat kind of cakes I can make after that!
Even more exciting was our families adoption of a chow/wheaton terrier/mutt doggie from the WCAS. She is the perfect pet for our family. Pretty laid back, like to play with the kids outside, but not too rambunctiously. She is forever patient with the kids--she did growl once when Henry hit her in the face twice with his blankie! Her full name is Skywalker, but she goes by Skye (or Skye-Skye, or Skye-Bear). As you can guess the kids named the female dog. I made the mistake of mentioning Princess Leia and got Luke Skyewalker instead!!
Me thinks I am amd going to go try to go back to sleep now (it is 4:05AM right now and I am pretty sleepy...hopefully that will translate into falling asleep!
Peace out for now!

1 comment:

thedooligans4 said...

Words can't describe how much I LOVe This layout! I am jealous that I did not find it first! I know I dislike birds but this is TOO CUTE! And I am happy to hear you back on here!